Saturday, May 27, 2023

HexLife Beta

This is it for today and I am not sure how much time I will have Sunday and Monday, probably just Monday morning. The beta is on Spelchan.com, but there is a lot of work that needs to be done. What I want to get done before Monday’s deadline:

  • More levels, as a single simple test level is not much of a campaign.
  • Better title screen
  • Instruction screen

What I hope to get done by Monday:

  • Transition animation between generations.
  • Ability to save and load levels.

What I will do after Monday’s deadline:

  • Write a postmortem.
  • Clean up the code. Right now, pretty smelly as I fell into the time pressure trap.

Possibly spend a few weeks going over my code (not sure if this would be here or on Spelchan.com). 

No comments:

Post a Comment