Thursday, May 25, 2023

Hex Life Editor update

 I forgot how much work creating a GUI from scratch was. This is why libraries are nice but I am doing this from scratch. I now have an editor but still need to add a way of taking the edited levels and playing them as well as set goals for a level and a partial editor that lets the player place their color of cells on the board. 

Early build of editor mode for my HexLife game

My thoughts are that the goal will be to give the player an existing layout sans their color, and they need to strategically place their color in such a way that their color will end up taking over the entire board. I am not sure I will have much time at all tomorrow to work on this, but should be able to release a version of the editor and player Saturday. This would leave Sunday and Monday to create a set of levels and fine tune things.

No comments:

Post a Comment