Sunday, August 14, 2022

Future of blog

 Changes are coming. I have recently accepted a new full-time job. This is the ideal job for me as it is near home so I will still be able to be my dad’s caretaker. This means that the amount of time I have to work on my own projects will be exceedingly limited. This leads to the question about what I am going to be doing with my site and blog. Right now, I am still deciding which course that I want to take.

Option 1 close them down. This would be the easiest course but not really a satisfying solution.

Option 2 quarterly updates. This would keep the site active and I could use the blog to write making of articles outlining what I have done to create the games. 

Option 3 focus on the making game aspect. I would slowly build a game with videos on each step of the process with the blog being a transcript of the videos.

Option 4 focus on teaching how to make games. This would be more focused on the technologies used to make games and would have tutorials on how to program.

Option 5 Classic Machine Architecture. The course I wish would exist. A look at a classic machine (Atari 2600, NES, SNES or PS1) and how you would create a game with that machine. This would result in learning how machines work with machines simple enough for a more holistic approach.

Any suggestions on which direction I should take would be appreciated. I will post my decision on Spelchan.com on September 1st.


No comments:

Post a Comment